Katharine Lynn Spaniac
Ms. Spaniac’s extensive experience as a trial litigator encompasses a rich variety of legal issues. She is recognized for her skill in stepping into ongoing litigation matters, and redirecting difficult cases with positive results.
One recent example involved a 1.8 million dollar adverse verdict arising in part from party admissions which occurred prior to Ms. Spaniac’s substitution in as counsel of record. At the first trial of the matter, Ms. Spaniac was instrumental in laying the requisite legal foundation which resulted in reversal and remand by the Court of Appeal. Ms. Spaniac then retried the matter and obtained a defense award in favor of her clients (Albert v Satellite Management).
Ms. Spaniac’s skills at handling a variety of complex legal issues include the representation of foster family agencies. She was lead counsel in the groundbreaking case of Garcia v. W&W Community Development (2010) 186 Cal App. 4th 1038, which defined California law in regard to the legal relationship between the foster family agency and the foster family.
Ms. Spaniac has spent a significant part of her career protecting the interests of not-for-profit agencies and organizations that provide care and service to members of the community. A skilled equestrian, Ms. Spaniac was the California State Champion in Western Pleasure, and took fifth place at the World Show out of 97 national contestants.
- Tort and Catastrophic Loss Defense
- Foster Family Agency Liability
- Regional Center Liability
- Construction Litigation
- Administrative Law
- B.A. Pomona College
- J.D. University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
- Pepperdine University, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution
- Member, California State Bar
- Admitted to Supreme Court of State of California
- Admitted to United States Court of Appeal, Ninth Circuit
- Admitted to United States District Court, Central, Eastern and Southern Districts of California
- Member, California Dispute Resolution Council
- Member, Southern California Mediation Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, San Bernardino County Bar Association
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Member, Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- Member, Temecula Valley Paint Horse Association
- Member, American Paint Horse Association